The Miss Vietnam of Southern California (MVSC) or Hoa Khôi Liên Trường (HKLT) is a prestigious Vietnamese American Cultural & Scholastic Pageant hosted by the Union of the Vietnamese Student Associations (UVSA). Our primary focus is to elevate the Vietnamese American female as a national symbol of beauty and pride captured internally and externally through her poise, grace, intellectual strength, and individuality. Hosted annually at the largest Tet Festival in the world, the MVSC pageant serves to promote Vietnamese culture through language, music, dance, and the Vietnamese traditional dress, the áo dài.
APPLICATIONS for MVSC/HKLT at Tet Festival 2016 have closed.
*NEW* Application Deadline: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 11:59PM
Interviews: November 14-15, 2015
MVSC 2016 Pageant Mixer: Sunday, November 8th, 2015 from 4-8PM at the UVSA Office (12831 Western Ave., Suite B, Garden Grove, 92841)
You must attend the mixer if you applied online and are scheduled for an interview.
The pageant mixer/prelims will feature:
• FAQS & Application Session
• On-site preliminary interviews
• On-site photoshoot
• Light refreshments
• Live entertainment
Cocktail attire. Exclusive event (ladies only).
• Applicants must be of or between the ages of 17-26 as of the application date.
• Applicants must currently reside in Southern California.
• Applicants must be enrolled in high school or college with a GPA greater than 2.50 or have graduated from college within the past year.
• Applicants must be single, meaning never been married and/or had any children.
• Applicants must be of some Vietnamese descent.
• Applicants must NOT have been subjected to any criminal proceedings and/or criminal convictions.
• Applicants must NOT have committed any acts of sexual indiscretion (i.e. posing nude, adult film, etc.)